How to get there, where to stay and what to do in Carmelo Uruguay. Tips and recommendations for a weekend getaway.
Carmelo can be reached by boat through el Río Uruguay or through Ruta 21. The route runs across the town of Carmelo. When you passed the town you have the Hyatt Carmelo Hotel and then the neighborhoods of El Faro, La Toscanita and Pueblo Camacho. When you take the Route again and cross the bridge over Arroyo Las Víboras Narbona appears. Casa chic is the last one and from the Route you have to take the road called Minas towards the Río Uruguay til you reach the place.
- Hyatt Carmelo – We stayed in this hotel. The infrastructure is amazing, bungalows in the middle of the woods of Pine and Eucalyptus. A wide white sandy beach of the Río de la Plata. Open and closed swimming pool. Kayaks. Bicycle. Horses.
Other smaller and charming options:
- Basta Pedro dentro de Pueblo Camacho -To have a simple lunch with good food. The place is incredibly charming and is next to the nautical port of Camacho.
- Hyatt Carmelo – To have dinner the hotel restaurant is a very good option.
- Narbona – Good option for lunch and dinner.
- Casa Chic -Good option for lunch and dinner.
- Bikes. Undoubtedly, the means to explore the place and discover all its hidden corners
- Running and hiking, also the other way to explore the place.
- Horseback riding. An hour of horse riding may seem like a day trip through different geographies: woods, desert, prairies, river coast vegetation.
If it is summer, besides all these possibilities, the life in Carmelo revolves around the River and the activities that arise from it. Bathing, sunbathing, resting or practicing sports with boat like fishing, skiing or wind such as kitesurfing and windsurfing.
Click here to listen to the playlist inspired in Carmelo